Do I Really Need a Re-Inspection?

Your Realtor may suggest you schedule a re-inspection of the items noted as needing repair in your initial Home Inspection Report. As a matter of policy, we do not perform re-inspections. Confirming if any repair(s) have been completed “correctly” is not possible with a re-inspection. The only thing a Home Inspector can confirm with a re-inspection, is whether or not the initial issue(s) reported still exists.

As long as you were supplied receipts for all the repairs in addition to any warranties offered, and the work was completed by an appropriately licensed professional tradesman, then a re-inspection is not needed. You’ll have a record of the repair and who actually completed it should the need arise to re-address the issue. According to Florida law, the repairs have to be completed by a licensed contractor and not an amateur.

Is The Contractor Florida Licensed? Click here to find out!

It’s also a very good idea to make certain the contractor states whether or not the work is warrantied, and for how long, as well as if the warranty extends/transfers to the new owner.

If you have questions, please contact our office at (904) 450-5568.

Call Right Now: (904) 450-5568
Click Below to Schedule Your Home Inspection

First Choice Jacksonville FL LogoYour Premier Jacksonville, FL Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Jacksonville home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit.

First Choice Building Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Jacksonville area, we can help!

Call Us Today (904) 450-5568 or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website

“Give us 1% of your confidence and we’ll earn the other 99%”
The greatest compliment you can give us is your referral to a family or friend!