Re-Inspection Policy

After your inspection by First Choice Building Inspections, you may negotiate with the seller to fix or replaces items on the inspection report. You may then want us to come out to confirm that the repairs have actually been done properly. If so, be sure to give us a call to schedule your reinspection at (904) 223-0068, we'll be glad to come out and do a reinspection of the repairs.Do I Really Need A Re-Inspection? 

As a matter of policy, we do not perform re-inspections. Confirming if any repair has been completed “correctly” is not possible with a re-inspection. Since a home inspection (and re-inspection) is only a visual inspection, the only thing a re-inspection would be able to ascertain is whether or not the initial issue(s) is still present.   

As long as there are receipts for the repairs as well as any warranties offered, and the work was completed by an appropriately licensed professional tradesman, then that is a very good indication the repair was completed. A re-inspection by us cannot tell you anything more than that. You’ll have a record of the repair and who actually completed it should the need arise to re-address the issue. According to Florida law, the repairs have to be completed by a licensed contractor and not an amateur.

Is The Contractor Florida Licensed? Click here to find out!

It’s also a very good idea to make certain the contractor states whether or not the work is warrantied, and for how long, as well as if the warranty extends/transfers to the new owner.

If you have questions, please contact our office at 904-223-0068.  

 

First Choice Building Inspections LogoYour Premier Jacksonville Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Jacksonville home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit.

First Choice Building Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Jacksonville area, we can help!

Owned and operated by Lou Prinzi, First Choice Building Inspections prides itself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.

Call Us Today (904) 223-0068 or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website

“Give us 1% of your confidence and we’ll earn the other 99%”
The greatest compliment you can give us is your referral to a family or friend
!